Healthy employees do better business and a good working environment is an important part of being an attractive employer and a profitable company.
To attain this, Swedbank needs employees who balance work and life as well as an open and inclusive corporate climate. We thus try to create a working environment where everybody consciously manages health risks and where all employees are offered the right conditions to maintain or improve their physical, mental and social well-being. All forms of harassment at work are unacceptable and we are working towards a working environment where all employees can feel good and perform well.
Working environment measures
Through preventive measures, the bank works to reduce sick leave and increase the proportion of long-term healthy staff. In cooperation with occupational health, Swedbank in Sweden is actively working with wellness.
- Company health representatives and health promoters engage and inspire colleagues as well as provide support to managers who are responsible for a good working environment. They inspire and engage their colleagues in taking responsibility for their health and well-being, thus reducing the risk of illness. The goal is to have concrete health plans focusing on energy and recovery through health promoting activities.
- All managers in Swedbank work systematically and preventively to promote work-related health and wellbeing among our employees including acting preventively on early signals of illness among employees.
- The bank's managers are trained to handle these types of issues based on the employer's rehabilitation responsibilities.
- There is also a clear monitoring of employees on long-term sick leave and focus on those who are often on short-term sick leave.
- Central Health and Working Environment Committee (C-HWEC) meet on a quarterly basis and work to promote a healthy working environment as well as to systematically investigate risks, undertake measures, and follow these up at local and central levels.